Monday 12 June 2017

John Cage and four letter words - Draft post from 4th November 2013

First of all, John Cage is all about finding ways of freeing himself.

English seems to give a particular power to 4 letter words. I keep on finding them and thinking, ah hallo, another one.

John
Cage
Find
Free
Give
Word
Keep
Seem
Four
Blog
Page
Site

--

Was it around this time that I started my 'What the Hell?' poems? Probably.

I'm brewing a new set of poems, the first for a very long time. They might be the Thank You poems. Doing them will be the project, not polishing them or sharing them with anyone else.

I wrote the first in this series about 2 years ago and have lost it. It was written in one go, in pencil, on a full A4 sheet of paper. Laid out partly as a letter and partly as a poem. It said everything I wanted to say and used the word 'release' which in Arabic refers to both freeing and divorce.

26th May 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...