Friday, 2 June 2017

Being a good flatmate - Draft post from 9th January 2013

Things like taking plates to the sink and hanging up your coat have a new name in my house: flatmate skills.

I have noticed that when T and H's father is in charge he can tell them to do certain tasks and they will do them. So sometimes I ask him to teach them to do a household task. I think it goes over so much better when it comes from him.

I am modelling 'washing up is fun' and 'laundry is good to do' with the expectation that one day they will just copy me and do it. I don't want power struggles over household tasks.

One day I may draw up a jobs chart and give us all a week at a particular task, so there is a simple rotation. The thing is there was nothing like this in my house when I was growing up. My brother and I had one job each for a while, but that faded away, probably when exams were more important.

1 comment:

  1. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you have to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...