Thursday 11 December 2014

Found it at last: Dia'a Al-Abdullah

On one of my trips to my parents' house in London I found a short poem in Arabic and spent a bit of time comparing it with the translation. Then I came back here and left the poem behind totally. I searched and searched online with no luck.

But then.. my mother arrived with that same iPad in her luggage. Lo and behold, there it was. Not even deep in the history, just on the first page I opened.

Dia'a Al-Abdullah - The Crypt
translated by Ghias Aljundi and Mitch Albert
www.penusa.org

It looks as if there is no news since March 2012 when he was taken into a Syrian jail.

David Beispiel's Poetry Wire blog has an article which gives the whole poem, just in translation in English, plus other information. Worth following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...