Thursday 7 May 2009

Oh dear, how could she give in like this?

Kath. Then, God be bless'd, it is the blessed sun:
But sun it is not, when you say it is not;
And the moon changes even as your mind.
What you will have it named, even that it is;
And so it shall be so for Katharine.

Hor. Petruchio, go thy ways; the field is won.

Since I have never read this before I am sad that Katharine has given in so gracefully. Mind you, not being allowed to sleep properly, eat properly, discuss anything logically would break anyone's will. This is a neat lesson in breaking down techniques. Even a dangerous journey and strange clothes have been used here too.

I will have to read on.....I just read a little chunk at a time as it is dense. Has this time at home with H had such an effect on my mind that I can now read Shakespeare and get it? Yes!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I had forgotten how sad I felt when I read this for the first time. Thank you for reminding me. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I saw that you started following our blog, so I came over to visit you here. It's nice to "meet" you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...