Wednesday 26 August 2015

Reading out loud - Curses and Blessings - Sewing - Just reading Arabic

Reading out loud in Arabic

So much for reading out loud to my son H. He said I sounded like a little child counting to 10. Starting out strongly for 1, 2, 3 but then trailing off and getting uncertain. Thanks a bunch! True though it is.

Curses and blessings

A thread on the Hall Forum has shifted to thinking and writing about the archaeologist murdered in Palmyra less than a week ago.

Sewing

I feel so much more myself when I have a needle and wool in my hands. I am at the sewing together stage of a huge project. Making a wintry coloured door hanging for some future home. To keep out the -12c temperatures at night.

Just reading Arabic

I have finally given up reading both English poetry and prose. So now I am left with just Arabic prose. Simplified and with the translation on the facing page. Sometimes I read several words before I look to check the translation. That's a wonderful feeling.

Why do words which normally end in ية end in يا instead in my book? This is a new quirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...