Thursday 8 January 2015

Drift, again - Penguin - Bellingcat/Brown Moses

Drift: It took me until the end of the book to understand what was going on. I was lost in the language and in the format for much of the time. Then I was lost in the images. I had to let go and just see what would happen next.

One section was too much. I jumped over it. Once I had completed my journey/reading, I went back and read that section backwards from the end, small paragraph by small paragraph. My method for dealing with distressing text. I prefer to know the outcome and want to avoid being frightened and pinned down by the author over many tension filled pages.

Spoiler alert: I will put my other comment down below so you can come to this in your own time.

H is getting practice at filling hot water bottles. He accused me of over-filling the kettle because the hot water bottle now looks like a penguin who has eaten and drunk too much and is lying on its back trying not to move. I murmur that you don't have to pour every last drop into the thing. If I pat it too hard it might burst.

New Blog: Bellingcat set up by Brown Moses, who is/was active on Twitter identifying true locations and exact make of shells in Syria

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This should be far enough down the page. There is an astounding arrival of love in the book, just like that, between the end of one paragraph to the start of the next. If that has ever happened to you, you will get it instantly. Wow. I won't type it out, go and find it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...