Thursday 6 November 2014

Urgent Poetry - Kim Hyesoon - Cathy Dreyer


Hi Cathy, you are in my blog post.

We met up for lunch and I came away with the name Kim Hyesoon. I have just had a google and hit an article with the stunning title of 'What is urgent poetry?' I then found a gory kitchen poem.

What is urgent poetry? I like this phrase because I used it myself in a poem I wrote a few weeks ago after a poetry experiment out in our garden during a massive thunder and lightning storm with no rain. See how different the comments are.

Gory kitchen poem by Kim Hyesoon The cries of the spoons....a glass of tangy star...a flock of birds crawled out of the hole...

Cathy edits The Stare's Nest with Judi Sutherland. Do submit work to them.


1 comment:

  1. I have just come across a review of All the Garbage of the World by Kim Hyesoon: http://quarterlyconversation.com/all-the-garbage-of-the-world-unite-by-kim-hyesoon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...