Saturday 15 November 2014

Fire hazards

There are more levels of discomfort than I had imagined.

Just one smoke alarm, but I open the windows of the guest room at the top of the house.

Just one smoke alarm, the windows have been screwed shut, but the room next door has easily lifted sash window.

All of the above, but I will have my nearly immobile mother in the guest bed with me, how would I make that safe? I have asked my father to help, he says he will unscrew the window, so that will reassure me.

Anyway, it is just for her first night back at home. We might be telling each other ghost stories, or I might teach her some Arabic.

...

In fact she was just mobile enough to sit laughing watching tv with my father, so I left them to it and she was with him instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...