Thursday 30 October 2014

'Not so much cars, more tanks' - On stage at the Wantage Betjeman Literary Festival

'Not so much cars, more tanks'

I had asked what the film 'Fury' was about, and suggested 'guns and cars?' That phrase was the answer. Then we both watched the trailer. I wonder when IS will be safely enough in the past to be filmed? Though what could be a good angle on something that brutal?

Today I was at the village shop, post-hospital-visit and not feeling myself. The lady asked me if I'd like a bag and I answered with 'No, I want a miracle!'

On Stage

A wonderful feeling to be there with a whole room of attentive people, just 5 short poems to read out and instructions to give a bit of chat as well. The reactions were amazing, a little 'mm' after each one. I have never heard that before in any readings I have been to, or maybe I am not that perceptive? The things I read were as different from each other as I could choose. I ended with a high energy one.

Wantage Betjeman Literary Festival

2 people I know are performing this coming Sunday, Nic May and Cathy Dreyer: includes vegetarian lunch and is upstairs at the beautiful Shoulder of Mutton pub in the centre of Wantage, at midday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...