Tuesday 13 May 2014

Kevin Young - Book of Hours

On Monday I decided I would give myself a complete day off from Arabic on Tuesday. My plan was to read a collection of poetry from my shelf.

Amazingly, I did it! As I read I spotted the sudden revelations of snippets about Kevin Young's father and about the process of  becoming a father himself. I got used to the extent to which I was in tune with his style of writing. I let the bits I found less understandable wash over me, no dwelling and worrying about words or lines.

::

I chase the quiet
round the house.

'It's death there' p180

::

Here I was writing a poem
Called Heaven

actually about the earth.

Pilgrimage p147

::

You are not still,
nor born,
now never

will be.

Stillborn p135

::

Where's the soul?
Hidden.

Where?
Everywhere.

And the breath?
Only wind.

Truce p122

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...