Friday 23 May 2014

I nearly spoilt my ballot paper - So I am protesting here instead

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the words on the ballot paper. It was a mile long and had names of parties plus the logos. The bit which got me was that it was clearly legal to put phrases like 'zero-immigration' and 'no immigration' onto a public document like that which is for everyone to consider while they go through the important process of voting.

If I had protested on the ballot it would have been disallowed, so I had to just put my X in the box, then put my vast folded thing of paper into the actual box of votes.

It was my older son's first time voting so we went in together and talked about it all afterwards, without revealing who we had voted for.

Later my younger son took the opportunity to be annoying and tell me how wonderful UKIP were late at night. It was part of an important conversation though, so a bit of stirring was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...