Saturday 25 August 2012

It was hailing at lunchtime, it must be summer

It is raining in stereo here now. The kitchen has 2 windows. It is lashing down to my left and to my right. Neither sets of gutters can cope with the rush of rain, so it pours over the edge and down the side of the house.

The front of the house is in the same condition, but I can't actually hear the downpour which crashes on our  front door step.

I have arranged for a full house survey with a 10 year plan for essential renovations and repairs. It should help us decide what to do in what order. It will also be a wake up call as to the full extent of the duties of a house owner. Facing the costs will be a shock too. I tend to downplay the costs of things in the forlorn belief that delaying buying things will mean that I won't be the archetypal wife who just spends and spends.

It is time to face the facts that it rains in the summer and houses need upkeep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...