Tuesday 31 January 2012

Brrrr...!

At my sewing group today I was told that one of the previous inhabitants of this house, a vicar's wife, had said that it had been so cold that the hot water bottles were frozen by morning. I guess that must have been one which had fallen out of bed onto the floor in the early hours. Or maybe she was joking.

When I got into my car this morning the steering wheel was so cold. It has made me find a pair of gloves to use just for driving in winter.

Sainsbury's has a big display of snow shovels by the till, that made me check the weather forecast when I got home. I have an industrial sized one in the garage ready for any storm.

Even my knitting needles were cold when I picked them up a few minutes ago. That's not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...