Sunday 4 December 2011

Ouch, transition time

Changes upset our household, or myself at any rate. S is off to the Gulf for a few days. We are all irritable and in each other's way, or is it just me?

I am in the laundry room and someone comes in more quickly than I like and expects me to move out of the way so they can do what they planned to do. I walk out in an annoyed mood, it is my laundry room and I like to do my work in there in peace....grump, grump. If I am a housewife then I do expect to be able to actually do housewifely activities from time to time.

So I am now sulking in my lovely drawing room and may set up a soothing log fire to burn away my cobwebs. Being here on my blog is a good thing, I feel better already.

I have promised to cook something for my children so I'll head off and do that. First I will lay the fire, then cook and do some knitting in the kitchen, what a life of drama and incident!

1 comment:

  1. That's ironic! I'm in front of a soothing log fire topping up my blog too! And there are changes going on in this household as the home ed youngsters have moved on and I can at last do work out of the house instead of attending to them and the housewifely duties all the time. Everyone is irritable as you say - but then mine will have to give up their luxurious freedom from household duties and muck in now. They don't like it!
    BWs and thanks for supporting mine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...