Wednesday 26 January 2011

The power of Wikipedia

I have donated to Wikipedia a couple of times in the past. T scoffed at this and didn't really believe me. Now I'm even more likely to donate again because T told me that reading about the as yet unsolved mysteries of black holes on Wikipedia fired an interest which he is determined to take to degree level. Wow, and double wow. Thank you to all those people who write and edit it.

H said a couple of days ago 'Everybody loves reading' as he was sitting welded happily to his laptop in the kitchen. There are wiki articles about the games he particularly likes and they are up to date.

1 comment:

  1. Often, I get the sense that people who love what they do, or the knowledge they have attained, have a desire to share that knowledge with other, and do so on Wikipedia. That's wonderful for T!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...