Sunday 24 October 2010

Names

It has just hit me that we are in a new world now where it is absolutely standard practice to pick new names for ourselves online.

I choose different ones for each website, but some people seem to keep to one identity everywhere.

The names on Mumsnet are an artform in themselves.

It's a surprise for me, that moment when I need to register for a forum and need to decide on a name before I have seen what the norm appears to be for the others on there.

Passwords are another issue, another level of sudden decision making. It would be so much easier if I didn't feel the need to keep my passwords private! I have a system though, so on every website I sit there trying my various versions of password.

No one talks much about their systems though, so that is another of those modern day mysteries.

I'd like to set up an automatic one where I'd just put in tomorrow's date and yesterday's day of the week, eg: 25sat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...