Monday 9 August 2010

My Aunt

My aunt died this morning at the hospice. Her younger brother and older sister were staying the night with her and my parents were able to drive over quickly.

I'm glad that I have been on the phone a lot with my mother these past weeks. Other than living round the corner from them, this is the best contact and is easy to arrange.

I'm also glad that they had set up a routine of getting together to have a drink and something to eat together each evening after being with my aunt. I think they all sat round a table on the balcony outside her room, so she could hear them, but could just be in peace nearby.

Now that special time is over and they are all scattering to the winds, on their travels up, down and outside the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...