Monday 7 June 2010

Workbook crazy

I went to WH Smiths recently to get some revision books for T as he'd asked.

I came out with more than I had expected because there were some wonderful history books for teachers of primary years. I didn't think the topics were right for 5-7 year olds though, but I guess every teacher uses considerable discretion when WW1 comes up for example.

Then I was taken by some geography/science and history revision books. They just seemed so interesting I had to get them for myself. More of the eternal modelling the desired behaviour as I dive into wonderful topics which hadn't been invented when I was at school!

H must get quite bored with my bright conversation starters of 'Did you know...?' or 'Can this really be true...?' but he gives me a few seconds of attention. I'm happy with that.

1 comment:

  1. lol.

    I have to admit that the only history I have ever learnt has been since I started home educating my children.

    History for me at school was dull, lifeless, disjointed, irrelevant and poorly taught. History since home education has been relevant, fascinating, enlightening (and, on occasions, humbling).

    After 16 years in education, 9 O levels, 5 A levels and a degree, I am constantly amazed at the depth and breadth of my ignorance :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...