Saturday 22 May 2010

My tadpoles are growing

I looked carefully at my tadpoles while they were near the surface because of the warmer weather. The something different about them is that they are developing eyes. I hadn't expected that at all.

They have also started to snap at the surface of the water. Their tails are darker and longer too. They swim in more jerky deliberate moves.

While I look at them I check the surface of the water for struggling insects. Each time I spot one I save it with a dry leaf and place the leaf on a plant pot so the insect can have another go at life. It's lovely to see the water drain away and the little legs start to move again and off they go to somewhere safe.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that they are growing and thriving, it must have been quite odd to see the eyes develop, but extraordinary nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...