Sunday 23 April 2017

Today's new blog - غزاوي‎‎ رزان

https://razanghazzawi.org/2016/03/05/my-coming-out-story/

I particularly love this post because it mentions her relationship with herself:

Now the good stuff: I talk to myself a lot during the day. Part of my well-being is to understand myself, my new self that evolved during the uprising and the war. After all, I am living with myself ALL DAY. All my life. Sometimes I am not my self and I don’t recognize it. How to deal with that? My solution is that me and myself should talk about it.

I describe it a bit differently, I remind myself that I am permanently married with myself. I mean that I will be my companion and closest witness for my entire life, not a thought will go unheard, no heart beat will go missing. There's definitely space for someone else in my heart though, that's a different thing altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...