Sunday 10 May 2015

Editing, redrafting, my own takes on it following the workshop: Wrangling Suggestions

These are my ideas:

Swap stanzas

Add an extra line in between each line, see what happens

Take phrases to make a 5/7/5 syllable haiku out of my poem, see what this leads to

Make a tiny 3x3 stanza which stands on its own, (3 words per line, 3 lines)

Cut one word from every line

Add two words into each line (I'm making this up as I go along btw)

Turn poem around, or change the speaker (I wrote one as my parents' dining table this afternoon :) )

Do something with the verbs, or nouns or adjectives...make them all start with the letter a or d??

Write a paragraph of prose, or a series of stand alone statements about what happened next; or how I feel now about the poem; or go all dreamy and let's-write-anything on it.

The poem is a door to something else, what might that be? Write that, then see if my mind finds something different in my original poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...