Monday 27 April 2015

I, J, K, L, M, N - alphabet of my mother

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream - My father was the one who'd recite this one! We'd have tinned peaches with our vanilla ice cream, or my father would make chocolate sauce. A different version every time, just like mine now.

J - my brother. They both go out together to cafes, new ones each time, which is easy because London is built of cafes.

Kisses - she kissed/kisses me on the top of my head if I am sitting on a chair in the dining room and she is walking past. Very nice. That's my normal. I catch my sons with kisses too if I can.

Liver - and kidney are her dishes for when my father is well out of range. Delicious, I'd eat it with her.

Money - she likes people who have it, and likes to see it spent on beautiful items. Hmm, you can't spend it and still have it, I'm a banker's daughter.

Nou-nou - my mother's own mother was the 3rd child in Paris. At some point a wet nurse came to the family, leaving her own little one behind in Normandy. She was called Nou-Nou, a baby name for her. I have just looked it up, it's the formal French word for nanny, well, I never knew that.

...

Hozier - Take me to the church - listen to the softness in the singer's voice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...