Friday 13 March 2015

I have trapped myself

I have started to write lines in Arabic, but I have stopped bothering to write out the English translation. I don't know why that is.

Anyhow, the happy result is that if I want to know what I wrote a few days ago....I have to read the stuff, word by handwritten word...... Got to laugh at my own solution to my problem.

I'm also writing my own dictionary, so when I need a word I can look it up in my own pocket version. It only contains the words I can't be bothered to get out of bed for and then cross the room for to get a big dictionary for. Laziness has its own rewards! Soon I won't need the English in it, just the Arabic.

Eventually my mind will be just good enough to know a word instead of needing to bother to reach out and flick through my own dictionary. So each solution is purely temporary and is sufficiently inexact that it provokes a new stage of learning.

I wrote la aarif al faal, not in Roman letters, obviously. I meant 'I don't know what to do' which summed up exactly what I wanted to say. That was a good moment. One day I will see the errors in it, but that's ok too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...