Friday 12 September 2014

I have become a font of all knowledge all of a sudden

Today I quoted the line 'Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness' in the car to H on the way to school. He asked me how I knew it. From having it read out at my school when I was 15 or so.

Two nights ago we had some intensive Periodic Table learning. He asked me what various initials meant and I got a good many right. He was most impressed with me. I was impressed with his new passion.

That poster of the Periodic Table has been up on our wall in the kitchen since the first days of home education, gathering grease and dust and making the place feel home educational. I carefully cleaned it off and gave it to him on his sofa. I shared my wisdom from the other sofa.

It's very gratifying to find that this one poster has finally come in handy. It seemed important to me to have it there on my wall as a statement.

Here's a tip on family life: have 2 sofas. That's it. How did we manage for 16 years with just one sofa in the sitting room? Smaller children fit with one mother all together on one I suppose, all under one duvet, using both ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...