Thursday 31 July 2014

Remote cafe visit with my mother

I called her while I was walking along the street
She agreed to chat a few minutes later once I'd found my cafe
So I found a table in the sunshine and we talked until my credit ran out

This 3 line business is getting wearing. There's something a bit false and prissy about it. We talked about this and that. I wasn't too sure about one of the stories she told me, but had no evidence at all to decide that it was a mis-remembering. Just because I had never heard that particular story doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Apparently she had taken a taxi with me at 2/3 days old, to get home from hospital. The house had been cold and empty because my father was still driving my grandmother all the way North to Lancashire from London. I can't believe he drove all the way there and back. That's crazy. But who knows, maybe that is what happened? March up there must have been perishing. How did they survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...