Sunday 16 March 2014

Shifting gears

It is a huge switch to drive back from a weekend of being with a large group. We were working together, chatting and eating together. Pruning, planting potatoes, doing things with wheelbarrows...

I found myself just sitting at home, half there and half elsewhere. I was by the phone, so after a bit I collected myself enough to call my parents and speak to them both.

I pay so much attention to their voices, listening for any changes, the slightest hint of something. Does this come from the years of working at Standard Life, hearing endless tales of woe from brokers and clients?

T is still out of the house. Being up here is no help as I need to be by the phone to get the call to go to the station to collect him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...