Tuesday 21 January 2014

Yes, I know you don't *need* me to hold your arm

My parents came to visit over the weekend. We had a walk after lunch, ie just before tea since we'd been talking for a long time at table.

I helped my mother down to the street, but then kept on having my hand tucked under her arm. After a bit she protested that she didn't need help. So then I had to explain that I wanted to be able to snuggle up to her and give her a little friendly nudge from time to time. Then she understood.

When I was first pregnant I asked her if I could sit on her knee. This was so that she could effectively have her first little grandchild on her knee. I don't know that she really appreciated the thought! She played along anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...