Tuesday 7 January 2014

"I am living in the Now"

H's answer to my challenges/complaints/crossness about the lack of work experience, social nights out and general asking for money to go a long way away to eat, drink and stay up all night.

He makes me laugh, but I still want him to shift himself and go to London/Oxford/Didcot. He has the freedom to just go and stay with relatives, but chooses to stay with us. How can I make home sufficiently boring that he takes off? No doubt I will rue the day I ever said this.

When I was 16 I whizzed off with a friend to Paris for a week after O levels. At 18 I was off interrailing and made it to Mycenae, via Venice, Belgrade and Athens. How gripey and middle-aged I feel today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...