Monday 9 December 2013

Did I really do that?

We are looking at Tender Buttons, A Frightful Release, by Gertrude Stein.

A FRIGHTFUL RELEASE. A bag which was left and not only taken but turned away was not found. The place was shown to be very like the last time. A piece was not exchanged, not a bit of it, a piece was left over. The rest was mismanaged..

My comment is:

"For some reason A Frightful Release makes me think of left luggage offices at railway stations. I had a huge row in public at one once, not something I am known for. I wanted to leave a bag full of my text books from university for my mother to collect soon and the man refused, due to security concerns. I dumped the bag on the ground and simply left it there in a total strop! My mother arrived later and collected it."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...