Saturday 29 December 2012

I'm having one of those Brian Keenan moments

Do you remember when he was freed from being held a hostage and he declaimed to the world how he wanted to see every country, eat every food, make love to every woman....?

I am feeling like that about poetry. I want to put up shelves in this house which I can order and fill without any interference. I want 2 cosy chairs in there. I want a book group which meets there.

I want to install a small shelf of poetry in the village church so people can go in and sit and listen to other people's 'comfortable words'.

I want to read and learn more and more of Shakespeare, maybe even dip my toe into the Bible. I want to do something which builds on my tiny collection of 4 typed out very short poems, by others, which I gave to my grandparents. I don't know what they made of it. I was in my mid-20's.

Well, I couldn't find a clip of that famous speech, but instead found this:  Brian Keenan reading out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...