Thursday 4 October 2012

Written portrait of Dr Ali Al-Ekri of Bahrain

The Bahrain Mirror online newspaper has published a biography of Dr Al-Ekri, following a number of 3 hour discussion sessions. There would have been more, but he was arrested this Tuesday, the 2nd October. I hope there will be more sessions of telling his story once he is free again.

Please check 'Amnesty Bahrain' every so often to see if there is a letter action you could take in order to support the activism and peaceful protest of Dr Al-Ekri and so many others.

Some months ago I sent him a tweet to say that I had written on his and the other health professionals behalf and would continue to do so. He tweeted me back to say it was an honour. I felt so small beside such bravery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...