Sunday 1 July 2012

MP George Galloway speaking out about Ian Henderson in 1997

On Twitter I have just spotted a link to this piece of Hansard from 1997. Read it and see how many similar situations have been reported just in the past few months.

Systems like a written record of speeches in Parliament over many years and online search allow this access to past words. Words are so powerful both in the present and for the future. Many people work to create these systems and maintain them with a sort of faith in their importance.

I love George Galloway's turn of phrase and manner of speaking. He can survive anything, even the cat episode on Big Brother, (my hint to my son H to explain who he is). H got it immediately! Another note for my home ed log.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...