Sunday 8 April 2012

Clearing the table = making art

T and I accused each other of piling all our stuff on the kitchen table. So we gradually cleared it off! What a difference now I have polished it and put a new table cloth on it.

I forget how every corner of our house needs frequent and regular clearing off, polishing and creative re-arranging. It is a permanent set of duties. I am ok with laundry, washing up and hanging up my coat, but there is soooo much more to it than that.

My grandmother Raymonde used to take the fallen leaves off the low bushes as she walked slowly in one of her care homes. So even then she was re-creating order as she went about her business of being 80+.

The cat licks herself clean often, it never stops.

I feel I must not remove old decorations from the top shelf of our dresser because: some one gave me the wooden item, someone else gave T the cards, all guilt of one form and another. Actually it is perhaps ok to make a new display every month or season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...