Tuesday 2 February 2010

Multi-reading

Rather than read one book at a time I have developed a multi-reading approach. For the moment I absolutely love it. I look forward to resting on the sofa with a hot water bottle and a duvet. The children are busy and chatting elsewhere in the house. I pick up one book after another. I read 1-3 pages, just enough to dive into each book again and taste it. Then I put the marker in it and move on to the next one.

For the record my heap of wonders is:

Dr No - Ian Fleming
Big Sur - Jack Kerouac
The Summer Book - Tove Jansson
A Classical Education - Caroline Taggart
Big Book of Unschooling - Sandra Dodd
Midsummer Night's Dream - Shakespeare (confess I'm really struggling with this, even though it is super beautiful, maybe because I can't mark where I have got to each time, writing this has given me a thought, a post it note would be easy to move to the right place.)
Peace is Every Step - Thich Nhat Hanh
In Person 30 Poets - Neil Astley
Handbook of Nature Study - Anna Botsford Comstock

Maybe I'll divide my mountain so I have a smaller heap beside 2 different reading places...decisions, decisions!

2 comments:

  1. I do this too. I find it suits me so much better than just reading one book at a time. Love your list - lots on there I'd like to get around to reading sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that,too, but my stack is currently on the kitchen table where I can pick through it while food cooks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...