Tuesday 5 January 2010

How things change and the snow

The phone rang at lunch time. It was T on his mobile at school asking if it was ok to have tomorrow off as a fair amount of snow was predicted for Reading. I don't understand why I needed to give permission then or to him, but I did anyway. It took a while for me to hear what he wanted as he often calls from a corridor full of chatter.

My pathway down the drive is half done. I need 6 more sheet lengths to finish it. I scrabbled up some gravel to weigh down the cardboard/newspaper/plastic bags/bubble wrap and old sheet.

I used a broom to clear off the slippery slope where the drive joins the road. The latest batch of big, fluffy snow flakes has stopped so I'll nip out and do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...