Tuesday 22 December 2009

Advent Calendar 22 - Snow All Around

Mmm, it is just lovely in our village. I walked round in the evening so I could post some cards to my family.

The bend in the road by the Cross was covered in ice.The dog drinking bowl outside our pub was frozen over. Earlier in the day I did some stone bashing and boiling water tipping to break thick ice for the birds.

There is such a sense of peace and quiet. It is literally a silent night out there.

Obviously there is anxiety at the risks of falling over and of finding ourselves needing to drive and having problems, but for the moment we are stocked up with essentials and some very non-essential extras!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes isn't it lovely to have a sprinkling of snow in December (rather than Easter). Although I must admit the novelty of the cold weather is starting to wear off now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...