Saturday 11 April 2009

Brainwave

We are waiting for the carpet fitters. So I have been laptopping and thinking.

Those hardly touched workbooks I have in the kitchen, on a shelf marked Home Education, would be just right for me to complete myself. I could practice writing as clearly and neatly as possible, maybe with a fountain pen!

I am thinking of doing this to please myself and also to model the desired behaviour to my HE son. Actually, he has just asked me what I was thinking. I explained my plan and asked him to be my supervisor each morning! All he would have to do is be encouraging, sit there with me and say positive things. I know he is good at that.

The conversation moved on to insults, I don't know how. So now my handwriting practice is going to include listing a few insulting, but not swearing, phrases from the play I am reading at the moment. Maybe I am tempting fate, but I will mention it: The Taming Of the Shrew (which is the Charlotte Mason play for this summer.) My mini-Shakespeare efforts with DS2 will revolve around that list of insults.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, so much depth in The Taming of the Shrew - feminism, relationship guidance, assertiveness training...
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,followed you over from my Blog.So nice to find new blogs;-) Looking forward to reading more.xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...